Experiencing thinning of hair or hair loss can be very embarrassing and cause sufferers to lose their confidence and self-esteem. The condition can also affect professional career and personal relationships. Some people even avoid social and public interactions.
If you are struggling with hair loss issue, then your main concern is to choose the right hair loss treatments to prevent further hair loss. If your hairline is receding, Then you need to give your scalp some attention. You can begin by eliminating the potential causes and making simple changes in hair care routine. Here are some correct ways to choose hair care products online:
- Visit a dermatologist- Whether you have just started losing hair or are nearly developed a bald patch, the first step you should take a dermatologist. Talk to him and to identify the exact cause of your hair loss. Your dermatologist will perform some tests to determine if you have any medical conditions that cause hair loss.
- Discuss your diet with your nutritionist- Sometimes, dietary deficiencies can cause a significant amount of hair loss, which can be reversed by correcting the dietary imbalance. It is necessary to keep a watch on sudden weight loss, inadequate protein intake, not enough iron, the presence of an excess of vitamin A due to supplement intake, and anorexia.
- Check the medicines you are taking- Many pharmaceutical drugs or sometimes over the counter drugs can cause hair loss as a side effect. Discuss alternative options with your health care specialist. Medications that are believed to reduce the quality of hair include an anabolic steroid, blood thinners, chemotherapy drugs, birth control pills, high blood pressure medications etc.
Once you are aware of the cause behind your hair loss, it will be easy for you to find out the best hair loss treatment. Your dermatologist will definitely help you choose the best hair care products online and medication to improve your scalp condition.
Choose the best hair loss treatment
There is a wide range of hair care products to choose from today, shampoos, conditioners, styling products, supplements, hair restoration and laser therapy, a variety of options are available. Among the wide range of products, some are easy to use, some are not so effective, some are long lasting, some have temporary effects. Let’s take a look on hair loss products that can best fit in your life.
- Finpecia- The most common type of hair loss is androgenetic alopecia, also referred to as male pattern baldness. This is inherited hair loss disorder that makes a man’s hair follicles stop producing thick hair in reaction to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormone.
Finpecia containing Finasteride as the active ingredient is an FDA approved the formula for treating hair loss problem. Finasteride is a drug that works by blocking an enzyme that is known to convert the testosterone hormone into DHT. The drug needs to be taken on a daily basis and may take at least three months of time to produce an effect. Like other medicines, Finpecia too has some side effects, which includes sexual problems and it is important to note here that stopping the treatment may again make you lose hair.
- Minoxidil- there are numerous hair loss treatments available in the market in which there are few anti-balding solutions that actually work and helps to promote hair growth. Minoxidil is one of such hair loss solutions that stop hair loss. It is available in the liquid solution and is found to be effective for about 30 to 50% of the men who gave it a try. Minoxidil preparation doesn’t cause many side effects and has to apply two times daily. It is known to make hair follicles bigger and stimulate the growth of hair, although studies are still going on to identify the exact mechanism of action of minoxidil.
The hair loss solution won’t promote hair growth or restore your lost hair but can help you save what you have left. The clinically approved topical medicine increases the blood flow and transfers more oxygen and essential nutrients to hair follicles.
Minoxidil in liquid form can cause irritation and leave a greasy coating on your hair, so it is advised to go with 5% foam solution.
- Propecia– Another effective drug is known for its anti-hair loss properties. It also contains Finasteride as the active ingredient. It is equally effective in treating hair loss issues in men. The medicine is taken once daily to stop hair loss.