If you are losing your teeth before old age or you are just suffering from low self-confidence because of your broken smile, getting dental implants is the best option for you. Thankfully, due to the advancement in the field of dentistry, the patients can obtain brand new teeth, if they are facing any trouble. Dental implants have become increasingly popular amongst all because they are a onetime investment and the patients will get long lasting results. This kind of procedure is carried forward with the help of a surgery, which is hassle free.
However, it is extremely essential that the patients must choose the best dentist for this procedure. This is because, the procedure needs a lot of expertise and hence, a regular dentist will never be able to carry forward this intricate procedure. In this article, we will be talking about the procedure of dental implants and its advantages.
What you should expect out of a dental implant procedure?
It is essential that you enquire about the procedure beforehand from the doctor before finalizing anything. In this, the dentist will check your teeth properly to make sure that no complications occur in the future. The American citizens should look for the best oral surgeons in DC. Below is the description of the procedure –
- The procedure is carried forward in three steps. Firstly, the dentist will give the patient sedatives so that he/she do not feel any pain. After this, the dentist starts by inserting the metal frame or post into the jawline.
- The next step is to enhance the abutment in the frame so that the new teeth can be screwed onto the abutment. The abutment is the protruding part of the framework.
- Finally, new teeth are inserted in the abutment to give the patient a brand new smile.
What are the advantages of a dental implant procedure?
There are various advantages of a dental implants procedure for those who are having troubles with their teeth. Some of them are –
- It enhances the structure and the shape of your jawline.
- The new teeth which are inserted are in the jawline looks like they are real.
- You will not have to change or cut down your diet after the procedure.
- If you have gaps because of broken teeth, implants can fill them all.
Dr. Virginia Lee is one of the best implant dentists in Washington DC. She is well experienced to carry forward this procedure and has given surprising results to many patients. Visit docvlee.com to know more.